Skip to main content

Third Party Contracts, Exemptions, Waivers, & Misc. Programs

All Third Party Contracts are handled by:

Stephanie Porter​
Phone Inquiries: 713-221-8139

Letter of Credits/Proof of Qualification can be submitted via fax, email, or in person
at the Student Accounting Office S320
Fax: 713-223-7437

Exemptions and waivers that are issued may remove all or part of the tuition and fees for a student. Proof of qualification for the exemption or waiver must be presented to Ms. Porter or to the email one week prior to the tuition payment deadline, in order to secure enrollment.

Third party contracts involve paying tuition and fees according to a legal agreement between the University of Houston-Downtown and an outside sponsor, agency or company. These contracts may cover part or all of the tuition and fee charges.

Every contract has some type of form that the student or company will supply UHD that guarantees the amount of payment and any special requirements or limitations. This information MUST be supplied to Ms. Porter or to the email one week prior to the tuition payment deadline each semester, in order to secure enrollment. For contracts that only pay a portion of the total tuition and fees, the student must either pay the remaining balance in full or set up an installment plan on the remaining balance before the payment deadline.

Proof of exemption or contract qualification will be accepted through the payment deadline, however, it will be the student’s responsibility to explore alternative payment options to secure enrollment. If there has been more than one semester of non-attendance, this proof will need to be resubmitted.

The University of Houston – Downtown will invoice the third party vendor one time after the refund period for drop/withdrawals has concluded for the term. It is the responsibility of the student to follow up and make sure their account is paid. If the vendor fails to submit payment to the university, the student will assume financial responsibility and pursue the matter directly through the third party.

Note: All students receiving benefits from a prepaid account (ie Texas Guaranteed Tuition Fund), must send notification of enrollment and request of use of benefits for every term of attendance.

​All students with a Third Party Contract must complete and sign a Third Party Payment Agreement Form. Please submit this form to or in person at the Student Accounting Office S320.

Office of Student Affairs
Last updated 7/12/2017 3:23 AM