The University of Houston-Downtown intramural badminton tournament promotes a fun and healthy lifestyle through the play and passion of badminton. This competitive sport demonstrates power, speed, stamina, strategy and mental fitness. All participants will receive a Sports and Fitness t-shirt, and the championship winning team will be recognized at the annual Sports & Fitness Awards Banquet.
Fall 2019 Tournament Information
Entry Period: October 25th - November 7th
Divisions: Men's singles and women's singles
Tournament Date: Thursday, November 7th at 3pm
Location: UHD Student Life Center
Entry Fee: $5/individual
Member Registration: Entry Packets are available online
- UHD Intramural Badminton Tournament (Men's and Women's) is open to current UHD students, employees, and Sports & Fitness alumni members
- All players must bring a valid UHD ID or S&F Membership Card in order to play
Rules of Play
- Singles consist of only 1 player
- Either a round robin or double elimination tournament format will be used
- International Badminton Federation rules along with UHD intramural rules will be used
For more information on Sports & Fitness programs and services, please stop by the Student Life Center or call 713-221-8225. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.