Center for Math & Statistics Support Tutoring Policies
1. Tutors will help students learn how to problem-solve and improve your math skills.
Tutors will not assist with take-home exams, but will gladly work with you to improve your skills.
2. Schedule an appointment to reserve a tutoring session.
Students may schedule up to one tutoring session per day.
3. Tutors may assist with one assignment per appointment.
For assistance with two separate assignments, please schedule two separate appointments.
4. Tutors can assist with any assignment unless your instructor informs us otherwise.
If your instructor prefers that we not be a resource for an assignment, then we advise that you consult with your instructor. As with all other assignments, will use questions to help guide your understanding.
5. Please be on time for your appointment and reschedule or cancel, if needed.
If a student does not show for three or more appointments in one semester, you will waitlisted until the semester's end. If you are running late, please call 713-221-8669 and we will reserve the remaining time without canceling the appointment. If there is prior notice of a late arrival, the appointment will be canceled after 15 minutes.
6. Tutors cannot speculate about assignment grades.
Tutors can, however, share thoughts about how to complete assignments. Please consult with your instructor for any questions about your grades.
7. Tutors cannot assist current classmates.
Students are welcome to choose any other tutor on our staff.
8. When scheduling an appointment, confirm that your tutor can assist with your specific MATH OR STATISTICS class.
If you are uncertain, which tutor to choose, please view our tutor list or call us at 713-221-8669.
9. Student tutoring records are confidential.*
If your instructor requires proof that you participated in tutoring, you may share an email copy of the tutoring session summary sent to your GatorMail.
*Unless otherwise required by university policy, such as Title IX concerns.