Dr. Linda Clark
Dr. Linda ClarkAdjunctCriminal Justice
PhD University of Houston Political Science
JD Oklahoma City University Criminal Justice
BA University of Oklahoma Journalism/English/Education
CJ3305 - Criminal Evidence and Procedure
CJ3311 - Ethics in Criminal Justice
CJ3316 - Victimology
CJ3319 - Legal Research
CJ4302 - Organized Crime
CJ4303 - Vice Drugs and the Law
CJ4307 - Legal Rights of the Convicted
- February 2000 League for Innovations Roundtable Workforce Preparation and Development "Point and Shoot: Internet Courses for a Targeted Workforce Audience" Using faculty input to identify and market to a target audience and using Cyberclass by Hyper graphics, to produce a Web class. Presented with Glenda Hunt.
- October 2001 Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice annual meeting, "More Bucks, Less Bang" An examination of the influence or lack thereof of immigrant populations on crime in six southwestern states
- October 2002 Southwestern Association of Criminal Justice annual meeting "Use of Survey Evidence in Criminal Cases: the Evolution of Rules Regarding Admissibility of Hearsay and Expert Testimony
- Attended international Criminology conference in Paris, France in May 2004
- President's Lecture Series Speaker's forum Spring 2004 Redistricting in Texas – 1965 voting Rights Act and Its Aftermath History of Voting Rights Act and the Act's Influence on Congressional Redistricting in Texas and Other States
- August 2009 Presentation to Wharton County Junior College faculty – "Use of Question Sets in Online Testing"
- Judge – Mock Trial and Moot Court at South Texas College of Law
- Served on Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board committee in Summer 2013 responsible for rewriting course descriptions and student learning objectives for CRIJ 1301, 1306, 1310, 2313 and 2328.
- Fall 2009 Article "Do Texans Have a Right to Jury Trial of Not? Politics in America Texas Edition Eighth Edition, Custom Edition for Wharton Junior College Thomas R. Dye, Bartholomew H. Sparrow, L. Tucker Gibson, Jr., Clay Robison Pearson Prentice Hall 2009
- May 2005 Instructor's manual for Burk Foster's Corrections: The Fundamentals
- February 2007 Instructor's manual Clifford K. Dorne's Restorative Justice in the United States An Introduction,
- November 2006 Instructor's Manual, Testbank and Powerpoint Lecture Slides for Profit Without Honor White-Collar Crime and the Looting of America Fourth Addition by Stephen Rosoff, Henry Pontell and Robert Tillman all published by Pearson, Prentice Hall.
- Dissertation May 2011 HAVE STRICTER LAWS CHANGED DRINKING AND DRIVING BEHAVIOR? Multi-disciplinary study of most populous counties in U.S. (data compiled from 1980, 1990, 2000 and 2008 Crime in the United States and effect of laws attempting to control drunk driving – raising drinking age from 18 to 21, lowering presumptive BAC level and minor DUI statutes.)