Dr. Emre Yilmaz
Dr. Emre YilmazAssistant ProfessorComputer Science and Engineering Technology
Dr. Emre Yilmaz is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering Technology at the University of Houston-Downtown. Before that, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Case Western Reserve University and the University of South Florida. He also worked as a lecturer at the University of Turkish Aeronautical Association. Dr. Yilmaz received his PhD degree in Computer Engineering at Bilkent University in 2017, MSc degree in Computer Science at ETH Zurich in 2010, and BSc degree in Computer Science and Engineering at Sabanci University in 2008. His research interests include data privacy and security, cryptography, data analytics, location analytics, and machine learning.
PhD, Computer Engineering, Bilkent University
MSc, Computer Science, ETH Zurich
BSc, Computer Science & Engineering, Sabanci University
- Software Engineering
- Programming Foundations for Data Analytics
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science, University of Houston-Downtown, Houston, TX, USA, 2020-Present.
- Research Associate & Adjunct Instructor, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA, 2018-2020.
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA, 2017-2018.
- Lecturer, University of Turkish Aeronautical Association, Ankara, Turkey, 2012-2017.
Data Privacy and Security, Cryptography, Big Data Analytics, Location Analytics, Machine Learning.
- T. Ji, E. Yilmaz, E. Ayday, P. Li. The Curse of Correlations for Robust Fingerprinting of Relational Databases, 24th International Symposium on Research in Attacks, Intrusions and Defenses (RAID), 2021.
- T. Ji, P. Li, E. Yilmaz, E. Ayday, Y. Ye, J. Sun. Differentially Private Binary- and Matrix-Valued Data Query: An XOR Mechanism. 47th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases(VLDB), 2021.
- E. Yilmaz, E. Ayday, T. Ji, P. Li. Preserving Genomic Privacy via Selective Sharing. 19thWorkshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society (WPES), pp. 163-179, 2020.
- E. Yilmaz, M. Al-Rubaie, J. M. Chang. Naive Bayes Classification under Local Differential Privacy. 7th IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA), pp.709-718, 2020.
- E. Ayday, E. Yilmaz, A. Yilmaz. Robust Optimization-Based Watermarking Scheme for Sequential Data. 22nd International Symposium on Research in Attacks, Intrusions and Defenses (RAID), pp. 323-336, 2019.
- E. Yilmaz, H. Ferhatosmanoglu, E. Ayday, R. Aksoy. Privacy-Preserving Aggregate Queries for Optimal Location Selection. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 16(2), pp.329-343, 2017.
- E. Yilmaz, S. Elbasi, H. Ferhatosmanoglu. Predicting Optimal Facility Location without Customer Locations. Proceedings of the 23rd ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 2121-2130, 2017.
- A. Tuysuzoglu, E. Yilmaz, W. C. Karl, D. Castanon. Exact optimization conditions for discrete linear inverse problems. 1st IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP), pp. 1117-1121, 2013.
- E. Yilmaz, T. S. Hoang. Development of Rabin's choice coordination algorithm in Event-B. 10th International Workshop on Automated Verification of Critical Systems (AVOCS), 2010.
- S. Y. Wang, Y. Yilmaz, J. M. Chang, E. Yilmaz. Big Data Analytics and Crimes in the Community. 74th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Criminology, Atlanta, GA, 2018.