A mashup is a connection Blackboard Learn makes to other online software programs. YouTube is a free online video resource.
Add a YouTube Video
- First, decide where you wish to add a YouTube video. Mashups can only be added to Content Areas. To learn how to create a content area, click the Add Content button found in this course.
- Next, make sure that Edit Mode is set to ON.
- In this example, the instructor has created a “Videos” content area of her course. Click the content area where you wish to add a YouTube Video.
- In the content area, click the Build Content button. In the drop-down that appears, find the Mashups area and select YouTube Video.
- You will be taken to an area with a search field. In the following drop-down, you may choose between four search options: all of the words, at least one of the words, without the words and exact phrase.
- Type in your search word or phrase, select the search criteria, and click
- YouTube will return a list of video results, each with a thumbnail. To preview a video, click its Preview button. To use the video in your content area, click its Select button.
- When you click Preview the video will appear and you may click the “Play” button to watch it.
- Once you click “Select” on a video, you will then give it a name and description (optional).
- Scroll down for more options like giving the video a thumbnail, linking to the video or embedding it directly in the page, and whether or not to show YouTube information.
- After selecting any attachments, permissions, or date criteria, click Submit.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform