The Blackboard App is the supported native app for Blackboard Learn. Students using phones and tablets should use the app for Blackboard activities rather than using the browsers on their phones and tablets.
Features of the Blackboard App
|Navigation||The base navigation gives access to course updates, content, and grades. See a list of important course activity including new content, announcements, and grades.|
|Push Notifications||Set up notifications reminding you of upcoming due dates and new grades.|
|Course Content||View course materials.|
|Discussions||View and reply to course discussion activity.|
View assignments from the app.
Tests can be taken using the app.
UHD recommends that students take tests using a desktop with a non-wireless connection.
|Grades||Real-time access to grades and feedback, either from an individual course or from Grades in the base navigation.|
Install App and Login
1. From your device, access the appropriate online store.
Download on your iPhone or iPad
Download on your Android™ device
2. If necessary, search for Blackboard.
3. Install the Blackboard app on your mobile device.
4. Open the Blackboard app and search for University of Houston-Downtown.
5. You will see two options:
a. University of Houston- Downtown
This should be used for Fall, Spring and Winter courses
b. University of Houston- Downtown May and Summer Courses
This should be used for May and Summer Courses
6. Log in with your UHD Blackboard username and password. These are the same credentials you use to access your Blackboard courses on a computer.
For More Information about the Mobile App: