- Log into Blackboard Learn.
- Enter the course in which you wish to create an assignment.
- Make sure to turn edit mode ON at the top right-hand corner of the page.
You may want to create a new Content Area in the Content Menu for Assignments.
- Select the left-hand course menu and click
- Enter a name for the content area, such as Assignments.
- Click the
Available to Users checkbox to allow users to view the item.
- A new button will be added at the bottom of the left-hand course menu. Click the new button to enter the empty content area.
Create an Assignment
- In this new content area, click the
Assessment button, and select
- Within the
Create Assignment page, type the name, instructions, attach any files necessary.
- Select the due date.
- In Grading, enter the
- Expand Submission details to choose between
- Add any rubrics if necessary to this assignment.
- Scroll down to enter the
- Click Submit
Edit an Assignment
- To edit an existing assignment, go to the assignments page and locate the assignment you wish to edit.
- Click the
action link to the right of the title of the assignment and select
- You will be taken back to a page where the Assignment options can be changed.
For additional support, visit