Sending Email using the Blackboard Mail Tool
The Mail Tool allows you to send email to other members of your course to an email account outside of Blackboard. You can address email to individuals, to the entire class, to your instructor, or to groups of students.
NOTE: The default email address for the mail tool is your official UHD Email Account (GatorMail). For a video version of the information contained here, please visit Blackboard OnDemand Learning Center - Sending Email From Your Course.
1. You should be logged into Blackboard Learn. If you need login instructions please visit Step 1.
2. From the Course Menu, click UHD Email / Gatormail.
3. Choose the recipients of your email.
4. A list of enrolled course members will be displayed.
5. Select your intended recipient(s) from the Items to Select section and use the right arrow key to move them to the Selected Items section. If you would like to change the recipient(s), you may Select All, and then Invert Selection.
7. Type in a Subject. In the Message area type the information to be sent in the mail.
8. If you need to upload an attachment, click the Attach a file link.
9. Select the file you wish to attach and then click Open
10. Click Submit to send your Message.
You have completed the journey!
Congratulations! You have completed your journey to navigating a virtual classroom.
Please visit the Taking Classes Online page for additional information about taking online classes at UHD.
Page maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org