Skip to main content


Prior State Service

​State service credit is earned when you work for a State of Texas agency or public institution of higher education. State service affects your vacation accruals and eligibility for longevity pay.

Benefits-eligible employees with prior Texas State employment must complete the State of Texas Inter-Agency Employment Verification Form for each state agency.  Once the form is complete, the employee must submit it to the Payroll Department.  Payroll will contact the agencies to verify prior State employment.  Upon verification, Payroll will update your service years, apply the correct vacation accrual and longevity, if applicable.

Requests for prior state service are processed on first come, first serve basis and in some cases require considerable research and time to verify.  Please complete the State of Texas Inter-Agency Employment Verification form and fax to the Payroll Department at 713-223-7433.  If you prefer, you may contact each state agency directly and ask them to fax your completed form to the university.

UHD does not automatically received information about your state service history. It is your responsibility to provide the form and ensure that your state service is complete and correct.

If you have any questions, please contact April Frank at 713-221-8422 or Jackie Batiste at 713-221-8971.


Last updated 3/15/2018 11:36 AM