Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4119
Title: Video Production Specialist II
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Computing / Telecom
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 12
Grade Min: $43,001
Grade Mid: $51,601
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Video Production Specialist II monitors multimedia production while providing technical support during all university video recordings.
- Operates the video production facility, including supporting university live webinars and events
- Performs video editing using the digital and analog editing suite
- Performs training as required on technology in electronic classrooms and on video capture software
- Creates, manages, and updates digital libraries to preserve deliverables for social media marketing
- Attends university events to take photographs of students and faculty to edit at a later date
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Associate's degree in Video, Film, Television, or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- Experience in Multimedia production and using a video editing suite is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of lighting and virtual studio setup, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices;
- Knowledge of video and multimedia production and of using a video editing suite
- Good photography skills; well-developed technical skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use all relevant equipment and software;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- May, on rare occasions, be exposed to elements such as adverse weather conditions, extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, and airborne particles
- Must have good hand-eye coordination, good spatial awareness, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must have the ability to move items of up to 100lbs.
- May be asked to respond to problems or provide service after hours
- May be expected to carry and respond to cell phone at all times
- May driver the university vehicle
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills with multiple hardware and software systems.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify and troubleshoot user issues.
- Competent to install and configure new systems.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical support to others.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.