Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4115
Title: Systems Administrator II
Department: Technical Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Technical Services
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 16
Grade Min: $65,866
Grade Mid: $79,040
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Systems Administrator II maintains and administers the enterprise-wide server infrastructure, ensuring system availability and business continuity on the university campus.
- Supports and maintain the Active Directory, ensuring that all staff, faculty, students, and visitors can successfully login to their respective devices and environments
- Administers and supports the Exchange email for faculty, staff, and students, ensuring that the system is continuously operational
- Maintains the VMware vSphere environment, ensuring that the infrastructure is available, so that client servers and operating systems/applications are running properly
- Supports the O365 environment
- Supports Infoblox DNS/DHCP by maintaining the IP addresses and Domain names so that client devices will continue to function on the network
- Actions trouble tickets as appropriate
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field or 60 hours college course work
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Active directory, Exchange Server, Office 365, and Azure, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to research and troubleshoot issues; ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Clarity of vision is required
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.