Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5293
Title: Specialist, Imaging
Department: Financial Aid
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Student Records
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 09
Grade Min: $32,995
Grade Mid: $38,769
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Imaging Specialist converts paper documents into digital files for permanent storage in an electronic database.
- Gathers, prepares, identifies, and organizes documents to be processed and scanned, recording all relevant information
- Monitors documents during scanning to ensure digital files are accurate and legible; reviews and corrects any scanning errors
- Audits digital files after indexing to ensure student information are accurately recorded and stored; dates and stores digitized files in the retention room after auditing
- Performs a monthly purge of all expired files
- Monitors and maintains scanning equipment
- Organizes documents during peak times to streamline work processes
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Supervises student workers
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Hires, trains, and supervises student workers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 (one) years of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the imaging process, and of the related trends, issues, and accepted practices
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in imaging systems and databases;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be detail oriented and interpret information accurately;
- Ability to use independent judgment; ability to follow procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Must have good hand-eye coordination and clarity of vision
- Must have the ability to move items of up to 50lbs
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and with courtesy.
- Carefully listens to customer or thoroughly reads correspondence, and uses good judgment to respond appropriately. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Communicates requests for further action or resources to appropriate individuals with tact.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.