Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5023
Title: Financial Assistant II
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Administrative Support
Job Sub-Family: Administrative Assistance
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 10
Grade Min: $36,294
Grade Mid: $42,645
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Financial Assistant II performs a variety of tasks to provide financial support to a department.
- Prepares, processes, and approves vouchers, purchase requisitions, change orders, and travel vouchers; reconciles account cost centers
- Collects and processes invoices, verifying them against the relevant purchase order
- Prepares monthly and other reports as required
- Prepares contract-related documentation for the department
- Conducts research to reconcile vendor discrepancies and complaints
- Completes travel request and travel voucher forms
- Create purchase requisitions and contract requisitions as required
- Assists with the annual inventory process
- Provides administrative support to staff, including, but not limited to, coordinating travel arrangements, scheduling services, coordinating meetings, and answering calls and emails
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Associate's degree in Business, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of a variety of basic accounting practices and financial tasks, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office and PeopleSoft; strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to plan and implement projects;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.