Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2348
Title: Director, Institutional Data Analytics
Department: Institutional Effectiveness
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Academic Affairs
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Individualized
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Director, Institutional Data Analytics accesses and analyzes data in order to understand the university's various characteristics, processes, plans, projects, or other matters, in an effort to improve the university's performance.
- Accesses or collects institutional data to apply research methodology and statistical analysis to support the university, whether through formal grants, ad hoc requests, or persistent scheduled projects and programs; understands and analyzes the results, and predicts outcomes.
- Collaborates as necessary with other individuals and departments in order to collect the data required.
- Leads the university community's efforts to use data within their departments/units through various platforms (with particular focus on EAB Navigate).
- Provides training in the use of the EAB Navigate platform, manages the platform, including the setup and design.
- Participates and collaborates with other areas as necessary when designing plans for various university programs, projects, or discussions.
- Provides data related support as required to assist with designing data driven solutions and processes.
- Develops appropriate and easy-to-digest data presentations for the university community.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Master's degree in Behavioral Science, Statistics, Data Science, Education, or a related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of methods of data collection and analysis, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices; knowledge of statistical and reporting software.
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office, PeopleSoft, and EAB Navigate;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to collect and analyze data; ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to exercise good judgment; ability to extract and manipulate data and produce reports;
- Ability to manage multiple projects; ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Research and Analysis
- Applies knowledge and skills to collect and analyze relevant data and information.
- Assesses benefits and risks, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings.
- Submits recommendations for management's review and evaluation.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.