Basic Position Information
Job Code: 3092
Title: Coordinator, Teacher Education Certification Compliance
Department: College of Public Service
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Program Administration
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Teacher Education Certification and Compliance serves as certification officer and recommends graduates to the Texas Education Agency for teacher certification.
- Serves as certification officer and recommends graduates to the Texas Education Agency for provisional teaching certificates.
- Manages electronic test approval for state certification exams and state teacher certifications.
- Completes the database of student requirement remediation prior to test approval.
- Collaborates as necessary with all relevant personnel regarding all reporting, including the final review of reports.
- Attends relevant conferences and participates in distribution lists to remain current on all state requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership, or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- Certification to teach in the state of Texas is required.
- Knowledge of ECOS, ASEP, and certification testing standards is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of TAC, TEA, ECOS, and SEP, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Excel;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community;
- Ability to train, inspire, and motivate cadets in a learning-centered environment.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to advise and assist university students and/or prospective students with academic plans and course selection, financial options, career plans, and/or student opportunities.
- Shares relevant knowledge and insight to apprise students of the university's programs and services.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Listens and responds to student requests and concerns with patience and understanding.
- Treats students with respect.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.