Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5015
Title: Coordinator, Degree Audit and Graduation
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Student Records
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 12
Grade Min: $43,001
Grade Mid: $51,601
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Degree Audit and Graduation coordinates the degree audit process in collaboration with various colleges for undergraduate and graduate programs, minors and certificates. The Coordinator supports the academic standing review process and provides support to students. It also coordinates the graduation process assigned by various colleges and provides administrative support.
- Maintains audits and transfer equivalency tables with student information system, codes computerized degree audits, resolves encoding issues, responds to accuracy issues and makes modifications and revisions
- Enforces all degree requirements and enters college approved exceptions in the degree audit system
- Serves as college's audit degree liaison and trains staff in the degree audit use, best practices and procedures
- Reviews records to determine academic standing and prepares communications to students
- Provides assistance to students on obtaining information for student files
- Participates in college advisor meetings and supports other student services
- Provides assistance in the coordination of college recognition ceremonies
- Maintains the list of students that are participating in a given ceremony but are not actually graduating at that time
- Serves as college liaison to the Registrar's Office for graduation and commencement; creates, maintains and submits lists of confirmed graduates
- In collaboration with the college, coordinates deadlines regarding the graduation processes and disseminates the information to advisors and students
- Conveys information about Latin Honors to appropriate college and calculates Latin Honors for graduation candidates
- Provides additional staffing for the Registrar's Office as needed and supports college university events as needed
- Peforms all other duties assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Minimum of three (3) years of job-related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment 6
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements.
- Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about sitting, walking and standing.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.