Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2030
Title: Coordinator, Access Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Library
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 11
Grade Min: $39,923
Grade Mid: $46,910
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Access Services provides administrative oversight to Access Services operations, including, but not limited to, circulation, reserves, intercampus delivery, and physical collection maintenance.
- Coordinates daily and weekly service desk coverage for the Circulation and Information desks, ensuring that there is sufficient coverage to provide patron assistance.
- Provides oversight of access service operations, including Course Reserves, Intercampus Delivery, and collection maintenance.
- Supervises, hires, trains, and coordinates the work of staff and student workers within the Access Services department.
- Retrieves and compiles statistics, using appropriate software, for Access Services and prepares data for official reporting.
- Provides customer service within Access Services to explain policies, resolve complaints, and address patron account issues according to the library website and the Access Services procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Full Time Employees and Student Workers
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience, including experience in supervising staff in a library or customer service environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of student information systems, library service platforms, and electronic discovery systems.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office;
- strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks. Must have the ability to move items of up to 40lbs.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Leads the work of assigned staff.
- Assigns projects and tasks with clear instructions and understanding of work to be performed.
- Mentors and guides by sharing expertise, knowledge of work rules and procedures, and best practices.
- Follows up to ensure tasks and projects are completed within reasonable timeframes.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.