Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5083
Title: Business/Purchasing Coordinator
Department: Procurement & Contracts
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Administrative Support
Job Sub-Family: Business Administration
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Business/Purchasing Coordinator oversees and coordinates administrative financial functions and assists with the university's procurement card program.
- Prepares and processes financial documents for departmental purchases; reviews orders for completeness.
- Coordinates travel arrangements.
- Checks the status of orders, resolves order problems, and reviews and expedites receiving reports.
- Collaborates with accounts payable to correct encumbrances and accounting issues and to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Assists with the university's procurement card program, including overseeing payments and updating policies as required.
- Assists with coordinating the HUB vendor fair.
- Assists with compiling and reviewing reports, including, but not limited to, HUB reports, LBB reports, and contract reports; prepares and maintains annual contracts.
- Serves as property custodian and a point of contact with the IT department for technology and equipment-related matters.
- Interprets, reviews, and updates departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Serves as liaison between administration, departments, faculty, staff, and vendors; manages the front desk and welcomes vendors and visitors.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of purchasing, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices.
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks. Must have the ability to move items of up to 25lbs.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.