Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5095
Title: Accounts Payable Specialist II
Department: Accounts Payable
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Financial Services
Job Sub-Family: Finance & Accounting
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Accounts Payable Specialist II performs complex accounts payable duties to analyze and audit the departmental vouchers, including travel to ensure compliance with UHD, UHS, state, and federal policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and audits the department travel vouchers to ensure compliance with UHD, UHS, state and federal policies and procedures; report taxable payments;
- Creates and approves centrally managed PO vouchers; processes student refunds
- Ensures documentation, signatures, receipts have been received and correct vendor and payment amounts
- Provides appropriate accounting information on all university payments; processes executive card wire payments
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing invoices and vendor statements; liaison with UHD departments and vendors for PO payments, so all invoices are received and remaining encumbrances are released; works with departmental staff to update policies as required; prepares and reviews journal entries
- Develops and coordinates training for all departments on travel, AP, travel card, and Concur, including applicable policies and procedures.
- Assists with monthly status reports including CIP/CIR (Continuous Improvement Plan/Report) and updates Accounts Payable and Travel websites
- Approves university's travel requests, facilitates travel arrangements, coordinates university's travel card program and Concur, liaison between university departments, travelers, and vendors to facilitate travel and solve issues
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic Accounting principles
- Excellent math and computation skills; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use computer software and the ability to learn new software, including the Microsoft suite and PeopleSoft;
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Formulates plans and strategies to proactively resolve anticipated problems.
- Prudently responds to unforeseen problems through careful consideration and analysis of problem and relevant information and circumstances.
- Recognizes and apprises appropriate university administrator when resolution requires senior management input and/or approval.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.