page last updated 9/9/20 1:30 p.m.
Campus and Academic Operations
- Based on COVID-19 Response Task Force recommendations, the status of UHD operations and classes for fall 2020 will be guided by UHD’s Response Matrix and other guidance from state officials and health professionals.
- As a state institution, UHD follows the directives of the Office of the Texas Governor. By executive order, the Governor has moved Texas into Phase Three of his reopening plan, in order to safely and strategically restart and revitalize all aspects of the State of Texas, including schools and universities.
- Presently, UHD is operating in Step 2-Orange.
- UHD will communicate updates via the website and other campus communication mechanisms.
Information About Classes
- The majority of Fall classes (approximately 80-85 percent) are currently being offered completely online.
- Approximately 15-20 percent of Fall classes have been scheduled in other formats including face-to-face, hybrid and online interactive.
- Most classes at UHD-Northwest are also being offered online as well as most classes at LSC-Kingwood and LSC-CyFair.
- Students had the opportunity to pose questions to University leaders and members of UHD’s COVID-19 Response Taskforce during the recent Student Fall 2020 Town Hall event. The full event can be viewed online, and additional questions can be submitted to Coronavirus@uhd.edu.
- Students, faculty and staff are required to wear face masks.
- All courses will transition to an online environment following the Thanksgiving break and finals will be delivered online.
Parking & Student Fees
- UHD has reduced faculty, staff and student parking rates for the fall semester by 50 percent for those who choose to purchase parking.
- UHD has waived 2 specific student fees for the fall semester:
- University Center Fee
- International Education Fee
Information for Faculty & Staff
- Presently, consistent with the Governor’s directives and the opening guidelines from the UH System Board of Regents, UHD is operating in Step 2-Orange.
- University of Houston-Downtown leadership and members of the COVID-19 Response Taskforce were on hand to address questions during the recent Faculty & Staff Fall 2020 Town Hall Meeting. The full event can be viewed online, and additional questions can be submitted to Coronavirus@uhd.edu.
- Read more information about how each response step will impact campus.
- The campus is open, but faculty, staff and students must enter campus through designated entrances.