The WRC Mission Statement
In pursuit of its dual mission, the UHD Writing & Reading Center facilitates UHD student, staff, and faculty efforts to read, write, think critically, and communicate, and provides student peer tutors of writing with a rich teaching and learning experience and ongoing professional development in writing center research, theory, and tutoring practice.
Monday, January 22nd to Saturday, April 28th, 2018
Downtown Campus (One Main/N925)
9 a.m.- 7 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays
9 a.m.- 2 p.m. Fridays
11 a.m.- 3 p.m. Saturdays
Veterans Center Satellite (GSB 318)
10 a.m.- 2 p.m. Tuesdays
Commerce Building (C443)
4 p.m.- 7 p.m. Tuesdays-Thursdays
Northwest Campus (Bldg. 12, Rm. 333)
3:30 p.m.- 8 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays
Policies for Student Use
- Instead of editing for you, tutors help you to become a better writer.
- Tutors may not discuss or speculate on grading policies or specific grades.
- Unless approved by your instructor, tutors may not assist with take-home tests or homework.
- Your WRC records are private.
- Tutors cannot assist current classmates.
- Only tutors who have taken ENG 3318 may assist with that course.
We reserve the right to award your appointment time to another writer if you are more than
FIVE minutes late.We also reserve the right to end any online conference after
FIVE minutes of inactivity.