Applications are currently being accepted and timely submissions are encouraged, but will be considered accordingly as long as program vacancies permit.
Join a prestigious community of scholars who have graduated from Early College High Schools and are continuing their educational journey at UHD.
The UHD Greater Texas Foundation Scholars (GTF) Program supports efforts to ensure all Texas students are prepared for and have access to completing their postsecondary education. It is an academically competitive program designed for on-time completion of a baccalaureate degree within 3 years.
Selected students will belong to an intellectually and socially vibrant community within the larger
university. The GTF program collaborates with UHD’s five colleges to provide its students an
exceptional undergraduate experience as they pursue their degrees and prepare for the future. The foundation is attentive to the needs of high achieving students, and provides, not only a personalized academic program, but also the necessary resources to ensure continued success in the university environment.
GTF students receive numerous programmatic benefits including:
• Peer mentoring
• Financial, academic, and social support
• Guided exploration of career fields
• Access to state-wide annual GTF Leadership Conference for selected scholars
• Fall retreat for team building and reinforcing the Gator experience
• End-of-semester Community Engagement event applying classroom learning to solving real Houston issues