Connections is a mentoring program that pairs freshmen students with faculty/professional staff mentors throughout their first year at the university. It enables students to expand their current knowledge about the university and its resources as well as build long lasting relationships and networking opportunities that will assist them throughout their college career and beyond.
The program is open to a limited number of
first and second semester freshmen.
Registration forms are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. As part of the minimum program requirements, all student participants must:
- Attend the Meet-Your-Mentor Dinner Reception (October 2014)
- Meet face-to-face with your mentor once a month and communicate regularly throughout the semester
- Attend at least one Connections field trip or workshop each semester
- Participate in one student or campus activity or community outreach activity
- Attend the Closing Awards Banquet (April 2015)
Students who successfully complete the mentoring program will receive
the following incentive at the Closing Awards Banquet:
- A $100.00 Book Account will be established for you at the UHD Barnes and Noble Bookstore. In addition to books, you may use it to purchase technology and/or supplies.
Thank you for your Interest in Connection Mentoring Program. Although registration has reached its capacity, please complete the online application to be placed on an wait list.
You will be contacted if an opening becomes available:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Branden Kuzmick at 713-221-8046 or at