We are pleased to announce that beginning in Fall 2017, UHD is partnering with the Houston Food Bank to award food scholarships to our students! The Food Scholarship Program is a support service available to currently enrolled full-time UHD students.
The Food Scholarship Lottery window is closed. For additional information regarding available resources provided by the Houston Food Bank, please view the Houston Food Bank’s
How does it work?
- Students are eligible for a food scholarship of $60 per credit hour each semester. For example, a full-time student enrolled in 12 credit hours will receive a $720 food scholarship!
- Food scholarship recipients receive a card to use for groceries at UHD's scholarship market.
- You can shop for groceries before, in between, or after class to help supplement you and your family's food needs.
- You will maintain the scholarship through the completion of your degree program until you graduate from UHD.
How can this food scholarship help me?
- The food scholarship can assist with lowering your grocery expenses throughout the semester.
- It will also allow you to stay fueled and healthy while pursuing your educational goals.
Am I eligible for the food scholarship?
- Recipients must be full-time, with 30 - 89 earned credit hours, and be in good academic standing. The deadline to submit the food scholarship application is October 18. There are a limited number of food scholarships available. Once your application is submitted you will be entered in to a lottery for a chance to receive the food scholarship.
To learn more about how this program helps students at UHD, we would like for you to take a quick 5-10 minute survey. This survey will help us expand and improve the program for future students. You will also receive a $25 MasterCard for taking the time to do so.
What are my options when I sign up?
- Enter the food scholarship lottery and take the survey (receive a $25 MasterCard now),OR
- Participate in the food scholarship lottery only
For more information about UHD’s Food Scholarship Program, please contact Student Activities at