Food for Change Program
UHD's Food for Change Market gives students access to fresh produce, meats, and other groceries right here on UHD's campus, enabling you to save money for other necessities and maintain your focus on school!
How does it work?
- Complete the Food for Change Registration form for the Houston Food Bank.
- Upon completion, you will receive a food scholarship that will allow you to shop in the UHD Food for Change Market for up to 40 pounds of goods a month.
- No payment is required when shopping in the market, the goal is to reduce stress on students managing personal responsibilities and academic progress.
- You can shop for groceries before, in between, or after class to help supplement you and your family's food needs.
Am I eligible for the food scholarship?
- All students enrolled for the Spring 2020 semester at UHD are eligible to participate in the Food for Change Program.
How can this food scholarship help me?
- The food scholarship can assist with lowering your grocery expenses throughout the semester.
- It will also allow you to stay fueled and healthy while pursuing your educational goals.
Visit the Food for Change Market to learn more about the program, meet the team, complete the Registration form and more. The UHD Food for Change Market is located in the One Main Building, in room S292 near Student Activities.
Hours of Operation
Monday: 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Closed (Shipment Only)
Wednesday: 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Shipment Only)
Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For more information about UHD’s Food for Change Program, please contact Student Activities at
or call 713-221-5870.