We are pleased to announce that beginning in Fall 2017, UHD is partnering with the Houston Food Bank to award food scholarships to our students! The Food Scholarship Program is a support service available to currently enrolled full-time UHD students.
How does it work?
- Students are eligible for a food scholarship of $60 per credit hour each semester. For example, a full-time student enrolled in 12 credit hours will receive a $720 food scholarship!
- Food scholarship recipients receive a card to use for groceries at UHD's scholarship market.
- You can shop for groceries before, in between, or after class to help supplement you and your family's food needs.
- You will maintain the scholarship through the completion of your degree program until you graduate from UHD.
How can this food scholarship help me?
- The food scholarship can assist with lowering your grocery expenses throughout the semester.
- It will also allow you to stay fueled and healthy while pursuing your educational goals.
Am I eligible for the food scholarship?
- Recipients must be full-time, with 30 - 89 earned credit hours, and be in good academic standing. The deadline to submit the food scholarship application is September 15. There are a limited number of food scholarships available. Once your application is submitted you will be entered in to a lottery for a chance to receive the food scholarship.
To learn more about how this program helps students at UHD, we would like for you to take a quick 5-10 minute survey. This survey will help us expand and improve the program for future students. You will also receive a $25 MasterCard for taking the time to do so.
What are my options when I sign up?
- Enter the food scholarship lottery and take the survey (receive a $25 MasterCard now),OR
- Participate in the food scholarship lottery only
For more information about UHD’s Food Scholarship Program, please contact Student Activities at