The Bachelor of Science in Professional Writing at UHD prepares students to work in many areas of communication in business, industry, the media and government. Students in professional writing are trained to produce documents and communicate in digital and print formats, including professional applications for social media.
- Design information for print and electronic formats
- Produce materials that address real-world contexts
- Create documents that meet the needs of diverse audiences
- Conduct effective research
- Use ethical standards in citation, visual design and language
following four year degree plan is based on the UHD 2016-2017 academic
catalog. Students should meet with a UHD Academic Advisor to develop
their own plan.
As part of the Professional Writing degree, students have the opportunity to gain valuable job-related experience and to develop professional networks through
Graduates with skills in both print and digital media have many career options. Recent graduates have found positions in the following fields:
- Technical Writing
- Social Media Management
- Web Content Writing/Editing
- Proposal Writing
- Grant Writing
- Public Relations Management Advertising Writing
- Web Designing
- Usability Testing Expert (UX)
One or more documents on this site are in PDF format. In order to view and print these document(s), you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. It can be downloaded from the Adobe website.