COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
For the most current information on number of cases of COVID-19 for UHD, please visit the COVID-19 cases
- General Updates
- UHD is resuming classes in their regularly scheduled instructional modes starting Oct. 11.
- Although masks and face coverings are not required at the University, students, faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to wear them on campus.
- COVID-19 Testing
- Through a partnership through with Curative, UHD is offering COVID-19 testing on campus through a kiosk located outside the Jesse H. Jones Student Life Center.
- UHD’s testing will be free of charge and available to the university community and the public from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., seven days a week. Persons may sign up for appointments through the Curative portal and must then check-in online before their visit.
- To make an appointment, click on the links below:
- Presentation of a photo identification and insurance card is suggested when arriving for testing, but not required. After persons are tested at the kiosk, they will receive their results through e-mail and text message. In addition, there is no limit to testing frequency.
- COVID-19 Taskforce
- The Vice Chair of UHD’s COVID-19 Taskforce provided a
recent update on the Coronavirus webpage’s recent enhancements.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- While UHD does not require that people be vaccinated prior to coming to campus, faculty, staff and students are encouraged to get vaccinated.
- Visit our Vaccine Information page to learn more about how to get vaccinated.
- In partnership with H-E-B, UHD is hosting a COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic for the vaccine and vaccine booster shots.
Resources for Students
Health & Safety
Face coverings and/or masks are no longer required at UHD per
Governor Abbott’s Executive Order #38. However, to protect your health and that of others, face coverings and/or masks continue to be encouraged, even for those who are vaccinated. We also strongly encourage our students, faculty, and staff to get
Update Contact Information to Receive Updates
UHD faculty, students and staff are encouraged to update their contact information online to ensure they receive timely notices regarding the University's responses to COVID-19.