COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
For the most current information on number of cases of COVID-19 for UHD, please visit the COVID-19 cases
- Fall Soft Opening
- The University is implementing the soft opening for Fall 2021 to reduce classroom density.
- In-Classroom Experience Update: Faculty with face-to-face and hybrid classes must offer at least one in-classroom experience each week between September 7 and October 8.
- On Monday, October 11, classes will resume in their regularly scheduled instructional delivery modes.
- COVID-19 Testing
- Through a partnership through with Curative, UHD is offering COVID-19 testing on campus through a kiosk located outside the Student Life Center.
- UHD’s testing will be free of charge and available to the university community and the public from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., seven days a week. Persons may sign up for appointments through the Curative portal and must then check-in online before their visit.
- To make an appointment, click on the links below:
- Presentation of a photo identification and insurance card is suggested when arriving for testing, but not required. After persons are tested at the kiosk, they will receive their results through e-mail and text message. In addition, there is no limit to testing frequency.
- Gator Vaccination Incentive Program (VIP)
Gator Vaccination Incentive Program launched September 3rd. Some participants may receive incentives such as one year of free tuition and fees, one year of free parking and gift cards. This program is open to
faculty and staff.
- Reminder: the deadline to receive $30 in GatorCast for registering for the Gator VIP is September 30th.
- COVID-19 Taskforce
- The Vice Chair of UHD’s COVID-19 Taskforce provided a
recent update on the Coronavirus webpage’s recent enhancements.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Resources for Students
Health & Safety
Face coverings and/or masks are no longer required at UHD per
Governor Abbott’s Executive Order #36. For those who prefer to wear face coverings and/or masks, they may certainly continue to do so. UHD encourages unvaccinated people to wear face coverings. We also strongly encourage our students, faculty, and staff to get
Update Contact Information to Receive Updates
UHD faculty, students and staff are encouraged to update their contact information online to ensure they receive timely notices regarding the University's responses to COVID-19.