The University of Houston-Downtown strives to recognize and reward outstanding academic achievement of prospective and continuing students.
Completion of your Admissions application and formal acceptance as a University of Houston-Downtown student is required to be considered for a UHD Transfer Scholarship. The new Transfer Scholarship requires that you submit an application; you must also meet the following requirements to be considered for this scholarship opportunity:
- Completion of the admission process and formal acceptance as a UHD student before the end of January.
- To be considered eligible candidates must have earned a minimum of 45 transfer college credit hours and have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0. The Deans Transfer scholarship requires additional college credit and a higher cumulative GPA of 3.5.
- College transcripts must be received by January 10th to allow time for processing; transcripts must be posted in our Student Record System on or before January 31st to be considered.
- Students who transfer to UHD in the Spring are also eligible, as long as they have not earned any college credits from UHD in the past. However, your UHD GPA earned and during the Spring and Summer sessions will be considered toward your eligibility for the upcoming Fall semester, when the award period begins. (Your UHD GPA will be reviewed each semester, if it drops below the minimum requirement your scholarship will be cancelled.)
- The Scholarship Committee for Future Students will select candidates based on academic merit.
- The approved transfer scholarship candidates will be notified by mail after the selection process is completed.
Scholarships web site for other scholarship opportunities.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at 713-221-8041or by email at