How Much Do You Owe?
After registering, visit
www.uhd.edu/eservices and access "My Payment Info" for an online tuition and fee statement and to view your online payment options.
We accept the following forms of payment:
- In person at the Cashier's Office in S310 Main Building.
Checks/Money Orders/Cashier Checks
- Make checks payable to University of Houston-Downtown. No third party checks accepted.
- Checks presented in person or by mail must be preprinted – we do NOT accept temporary checks.
- We do not accept postdated checks – any check received will be processed upon receipt.
- We must have the driver’s license of the person that signed the check.
- The UHD student ID number must be on the face of the check.
- The check must be for no more than the total amount due. We do not give cash back.
- The check must be from an American bank. We do not accept checks/money orders drawn on foreign banks.
- Please be careful when entering your Bank Routing Number and Checking Account Number. You can find the Bank Routing Number and your Checking Account Number within the string of numbers located at the bottom of one of your checks. Make sure you are using a check and NOT a debit card or a deposit slip. The routing number is the first set of numbers. Routing numbers are always 9 digits. The routing number represents the specific bank that should provide payment for your check. The account number typically follows the routing number. This is usually at least 8 digits, but the exact length can vary. If you are uncertain about your Routing Number or Account Number, please contact your bank for clarification before submitting your payment.
Please note that all E-check/personal check payments are subject to a 15 day hold that will prevent the student from requesting his/her transcripts/diploma at any UH System Institution. Students must pay with certified funds to have their hold removed immediately upon submission of payment.
All returned E-checks and personal checks are subject to a non-refundable $20 returned check fee. A check returned for any reason within the last 6 months will block your ability to pay by personal check. See our
Returned Check Policy.
Credit Cards (To pay by fax download the
- American Express
The University of Houston System charges a processing fee on all credit card transactions. The processing fee is assessed on all credit card brands. The processing fee imposed is not greater than the University's applicable merchant discount rate for credit card transactions.
The credit card processing fee is assessed to Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Gift Cards, PrePaid Cards, and Check Cards. This fee is assessed on all credit card transactions that occur online or in person at the Cashier’s Office.
To calculate your potential credit card processing fee, please click
Other Payment Options
UHD offers additional payment options including
Installment Payment Plans,
an Emergency Deferment Plan and
Financial Aid to help you cover the cost of your tuition and fees.