Bank Account Process
As a student organization, you are entitled to opening a bank account through a banking institution of your choosing. One of the major benefits of having a bank account is that it allows student organizations to maintain money in a safe and trusted location.
Student organizations that are interested in setting up a bank account should be prepared to present the Memorandum that is generated from the Office of Student Activities. Many banking institutions will limit the number of co-signers on a bank account and prefer to have the officers as the co-signers. It is important to maintain the active list of officers with the Office of Student Activities so that power can be transferred to the new officers easily.
Student Activities encourages student organizations to take precautions when maintaining bank accounts. Student organizations that opt to get checks or debit/ATM cards for their bank account should be sure to keep those in safe and concealed places. Checks and/or debit/ATM cards can potentially be stolen like any property.
Please note that the Office of Student Activities can be used as your billing address and mailing address. Address is One Main Street, S204, Houston TX 77002
- Please register your new organization with the Office of Student Activities by utilizing Campus Groups
- Complete the Clubs and Orgs Bank Account Request Form
- Allow 3-5 days for the request to be approved.
- Submit Letter and information for 501C3 to the bank of your choice
- Submit records to the Office of Student Activities!