UHD Mariachi Performance Request
Thank you for soliciting the UHD Mariachi for a performance! All requests will be processed in the order they are received. The student academic experience is priority with this program, but every effort to fulfill your request will be made. Please allow a minimum of six (6) weeks’ advance notice for your request. Requests must meet the guidelines below and are subject to an appearance fee. We are not performing for private social events at this time (birthdays, weddings, funerals, house parties, etc).
- All public performance requests must be made six (6) weeks’ in advance.
- All requests are subject to performer availability.
- Requests will be evaluated on a first come, first serve basis.
- All performances will promote UHD.
- Performances must be mutually beneficial to UHD.
- No performances off campus unless it is a University approved event.
- Song requests will be honored only if time, schedule, instrumentation, and skill level permits.
- Some songs may require full mariachi instrumentation.
- Some events may require public address sound system.
- Some events may require transportation, food, drink, lodging, and PA sound system. This may result in an additional fee.
- Performances that jeopardize the integrity or brand of the UHD Mariachi will be declined.
- Performances that jeopardize the safety of UHD Mariachi will be declined.
- All public performance requests will require a meeting and consultation with the Mariachi Director to discuss song selection and performance logistics.
- Mariachi Director holds final decision on song selections.
- Mariachi performances may not exceed 1 hour (60 minutes).
- Exceptions to this policy must be approved by Dean of Students Office and Mariachi Director at least one (1) month in advance of the performance.
- UHD Mariachi performance policy is subject to change at any time.
Schedule of fees:
Full mariachi performance (quintet or more, subject to student availability) - $500.00
Small Ensemble (duo, trio, or quartet) - $300.00