The University of Houston-Downtown Free Throw Contest is one of the most fun and exciting competitions is the sport of basketball. Sign up today to show off your skills from the free throw line and go toe-to-toe with some of the best free throw shooters at UHD. All Participants will receive a Sports and Fitness t-shirt.
Next tournament will be spring 2020
- UHD intramural basketball free throw contest (men's and women's) is open to current UHD students, employees and Sports and Fitness alumni members
- All players must bring a valid UHD ID or S&F Membership Card in order to play
Rules of Play
- Participants will be given a total of twenty-five (25) free throw attempts in the qualifying round. The top five scorers will advance to the final round
- Final round qualifiers will be given a total of twenty-five free throw attempts in the final round.
- The winner will be determined by the sum of the qualifying and final round scores.
- Any tiebreakers after the total scores will be determined by each participant shooting ten more free throw attempts.