ACE Prep Course
Do you like working out? Are you interested in pursuing a career in health and fitness? Register today to become a certified personal trainer! Our prep course provides interested students with an opportunity to gain experience as personal trainers while working with UHD Sports & Fitness.
This course is designed to help students prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam. One of the best certified personal training certifications and accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), ACE is a great organization to turn to if you are interested in working with a wide variety of clients with an emphasis on helping them achieve long-term fitness and health. Please note, taking this preparatory course does not guarantee that you will pass the exam to become a certified personal trainer.
Date: June 17 - 18, 2022 or September 16 - 17, 2022
*Fee to be refunded to the student if they pass their certification exam.
ACE Exam fee $399
The following areas will be covered…
- Learn key concepts from exercise physiology, kinesiology, elementary biomechanics, anatomy, motor learning and control, nutrition and healthy eating, weight management, stress management and basic sciences.
- Review applications of the following knowledge areas: cardiorespiratory, physiology, metabolism, general physiology, the musculoskeletal system and principles of mechanics and physics as they relate to personal training.
Following two-day training students will receive…
- Access to ACE online digital ebook material
- Study Guide
- Practice Test
- Weekly face-to-face support meetings
- Mentorship with UHD Personal Trainers
Our goal is to help you pass. For additional information about the Sports & Fitness ACE Prep Course, email your interest to email@example.com.
UHD Sports & Fitness is proud to award ACE Personal Training Course Scholarships to interested, eligible and selected UHD students. Training does not guarantee certification and students must successfully take certification exam within 3 months of training to be eligible for additional training opportunities.
ACE Personal Trainer Training Course Scholarship Criteria:
- Must be available to take the two-day ACE Prep Course June 17th & 18th OR September 16th -17th from 8am-4pm.
- Must be currently enrolled at UHD with a minimum UHD cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Must be registered for a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester at UHD (Fall 2022 and Spring 2023).
- Must be willing and available to work as a trainer with UHD Sports & Fitness for at least one semester following successful completion of ACE exam.
The ACE Personal Trainer costs $399 with a UHD discount (normally $499). This certification qualifies the student to not only work as a personal trainer for UHD but with other local fitness facilities.
Scholarships are available to UHD students that pass their certification test within a 3-month period. Scholarships are in the form of a refund following the successful passing of ACE Personal Training Certification.
Test successfully taken within 1 month of prep course…. $225 refund*
Test successfully taken within 2 months of prep course… $150 refund*
Test successfully taken within 3 months of prep course… $75 refund*
*Fee includes the $75 fee charged for ACE Prep course and is refunded with proof of successful passing of ACE certification exam.
Already certified as a personal trainer, fitness instructor, or massage therapist and want to work with UHD Sports & Fitness?
Please email interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
American Red Cross CPR/First Aid Certification
Must pay in advance at Sports and Fitness Membership Services CPR/AED/First Aid
Date: August 12, 2022
Time: 9:00am - 1:30pm
Location: OMB N600