All University of Houston-Downtown students enrolled in the CURRENT semester are eligible for all services. A UHD I.D. is required for all services.
Appointments are required for Clinician visits. Appointments are not available when classes are not in session. Clinicians Services are available only during Clinic Appointment hours. Urgent Care (Non Emergency) Walk-in visits may be available but not guaranteed.
- Preventive Medical Services
- General Physical
- Well Man Exam
- Well Women Exam (Pelvic Exam, Pap smear, Breast Exam)
- Birth Control Consult
- Diagnosis and Treatment of infections
- STD Testing
- Diagnosis and Treatment of minor injuries
- Laboratory Testing
Walk-In Services: Provided by a Staff Nurse
Nursing Services are may not be available during all business hours. Nurse's Triage: If a same-day appointment is not available, a nurse will triage walk-in patient's symptoms or injury and recommend self/alternative care, a next-day appointment or determine if he/she should be worked into the current day's schedule (may require a long wait). The nurse is not able to give a diagnosis or prescribe medications.
- First Aid
- Ace wrap
- Blood Pressure Screening
- TB Skin test (Not available on Thursday)
- Confidential HIV testing
- Pregnancy Testing – Urine-serum (blood)
- Tetanus and Diphtheria Booster Vaccine
- Laboratory Testing: Pregnancy and HIV Testing
- Lactation Room - room where a breastfeeding woman can use a breast pump in private.
fee is required for clinician visits, laboratory testing, medications, procedures missed appointments/late cancellations and some supplies. Contact Student Health Services for additional information. Charges for services are transferred to a Student's Account. Prices, hours, services and product availability are subject to change without notice.
Urgent (Non-Emergency) Care during Clinic Hours
Same-day appointments may be available but not guaranteed. To request a same-day appointment, call or come by Student Health Services as early as possible.