Food for Change Program
UHD's Food for Change Program gives currently enrolled UHD students access to shop for fresh produce, meats and other groceries at our downtown campus, enabling you to save money for other necessities and maintain your focus on school.
Here's what you need to know:
- The food scholarship allows currently enrolled UHD students to shop in the UHD Food for Change Market for up to 30 pounds of goods each week.
No payment is required when shopping in the market, the goal is to reduce stress on students managing personal responsibilities and academic progress.
- You can shop for groceries before, in between, or after class to help supplement you and your family's food needs.
- Due to COVID-19, we have implemented the following protocols to promote the safety and well-being of the Food for Change Market participants and employees.
Appointments are required to shop in the market and should be made at least 24 hours in advance of your visit.
- Students are
not allowed entry inside the market.
- Food distribution to UHD Food for Change participants will be prepackaged.
How does it work?
- Complete the
Houston Food Bank's Registration Form to be eligible. If you have already submitted an application during a previous semester,
you do not need to apply again.
- Once the Registration Form is submitted, you will receive a food scholarship that will allow you to shop in the UHD Food for Change Market for up to 30 pounds each week (based on availability).
Book an appointment to pick up your items.
The UHD Food for Change Market is located on the second floor of the One Main Building, in S292 near Student Activities.
When visiting the Food for Change market, please ensure you have an appointment and practice social-distancing. Remember, appointments must be made at least 24 hours prior, and face masks/coverings are required on the UHD campus.
Should you have questions about UHD's Food for Change Program, please contact us at