In light of
recent developments at UHD in the response to COVID-19, the library has as its top priority supporting faculty, staff, and students in online instruction and learning operations. The library is already prepared in this area with electronic resources that are available 24/7 that can be accessed via our website:
Status of Physical Space
The W.I. Dykes Library, including the Library Computer Lab, is open.
Library Hours | Spring 2021 Semester
Please see our
Hours page for more information.
- The Reading Room and unlocked study rooms on 4th Floor North are available for use.
- Due to COVID restrictions, the Reading Room and unlocked study rooms are available for use from:
|Monday - Thursday||7:00AM - 8:00PM|
|Friday||7:00AM - 6:00PM|
|Saturday||10:00AM - 2:00PM|
- Contact UHD Librarians instantly via
Zoom Reference button.
- UHD Alumni may call 713-221-8186 or x8187 to make an appointment to visit the library
Obtaining Library Materials
You may browse the library's physical collection during open
hours. You may also request items through the catalog so that the library can place them on the hold shelf for you to pick up. However, if you would like the library to mail your requests to your home, please email
LibraryLoan@uhd.edu with your current mailing address to confirm.
Submit an Interlibrary Loan request to obtain items from outside UH System Libraries. Email
LibraryLoan@uhd.edu to let us know if you would like to pick up your items or have them mailed to your home.
To return library items:
- 1st Floor Book Drop - There is now a library book drop located on the first floor of the One Main Building just past the UHD Police Department entrance (Please do not return library items to the UHD Bookstore book drop located outside the building.)
- 5th Floor Book Drop - Library staff will daily retrieve returned items and remove them from your account.
- Mail - University of Houston-Downtown, W.I. Dykes Library, Interlibrary Loan, One Main St., Houston, TX 77002
Please check your
My Library Account and
contact us for any questions.
Access Library Materials
Most UHD library resources are available anywhere that has an internet connection, your home included. You will be prompt for your network ID and password when accessing them from off campus.
If you are experiencing any issues connecting to our resources, please
Working with Librarians