Programs Conducted By Third Party
Campus Programs for Minors - Conducted by Third Party at UHD...
...is a program that is categorized by the following:
- The age of any of the participants is under 18 who is not enrolled at UHD, and
- The program will take place at UHD or at a site secured by UHD and
- A third party vendor is responsible for the participants and
- The length of the program is 2 days or more.
Steps required prior to any Campus Program for Minors conducted by a Third Party at UHD:
- At least 15 days prior to the scheduled program, the Third Party Program Operator
(or university representative) must submit to the Coordinator for Campus Program for
Minors a completed Third Party Vendor Form listing the program employees, date of
last Criminal Background Check(s), date of Sexual Abuse and Child Molestation Training(s)
and appropriate training course ID number(s).
- At least 15 days prior to the schedule program, the Third Party Program Operator (or
university representative) must submit to the Texas Department of State Health Services
a copy of the Department of State Health Services-Campus Program for Minors Information
Form indicating each individual working or volunteering at the program has completed
the Sexual Abuse and Child Molestation Training from an approved training and examination
program. This form and verification that this form was sent to the TDSHS must also
be submitted to the Coordinator for Campus Program for Minors.
- At least 7 days prior to the scheduled program, a fully executed contract between
the third party and UHD detailing the following must be submitted to the Coordinator
for Campus Program for Minors:
- The third party must certify to the component university that no individual who will be working or volunteering at program has any felony criminal convictions or any crime(s) related to abuse, neglect, exploitation, assault, sexual offense, or any offense involving a minor.
- The third party must agree to indemnify and hold harmless the component university from any and all liability and claims arising from the program.
- The third party must agree to maintain insurance acceptable to the component university
including the listing of the component university as an additional insured and providing
a certificate of insurance before the program occurs.
- Once reviewed and submitted to the state, the Coordinator for Campus Programs for Minors will provide written approval to the Program Operator that the program has been approved to take place.
Forms needed to complete these tasks:
- Third Party Campus Programs for Minors Spreadsheet
- Department of State Health Services - Campus Program for Minors Information Form
- Addendum for Campus Program for Minors