Program Director, Title V Pathways to Teaching Careers
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2138
Title: Program Director, Title V Pathways to Teaching Careers
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Program Administration
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Individualized
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Program Director, Title V Pathways to Teaching Careers provides leadership, direction, coordination, and accountability for all activities and initiatives within the grant program.
- Oversees the implementation of the Title V grant, ensuring that it contributes to the university's retention and student success efforts related to minority and Hispanic students
- Develops administrative infrastructure and support for grant implementation strategies at two campus locations
- Provides leadership, direction, coordination, and accountability for all activities and initiatives within the grant
- Oversees all grant-related personnel in collaboration with the Principal Investigator
- Schedules and facilitates monthly meetings with the Project Management Team and project partners as appropriate; schedules and facilitates meetings with the university management team as required to ensure projects are on track and within budget
- Implements and evaluates program components; gathers data to substantiate project effectiveness and prepares relevant reports
- Adjusts project activities as appropriate, in collaboration with the Principal Investigator, including project components for upcoming years
- Conducts summative evaluation of the projects, in collaboration with the Project Evaluator
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of seven (7) years of related job experience with a Bachelor's degree or
- Five (5) years of related job experience with a Master's degree
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of teacher certification processes and requirements, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Manages project stages from proposal to completion ensuring project objectives are met within project budget and projected time frames.
- Clearly defines roles and responsibilities of project team; ascertains and secures necessary resources; and monitors project performance.
- Keeps management apprised of project status.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.