Coordinator, Prospect Research and Stewardship
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2205
Title: Coordinator, Prospect Research and Stewardship
Department: Advancement & University Relations
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: External Relations
Job Sub-Family: University Advancement
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Prospect Research and Stewardship proactively identifies new and high-level annual and campaign major gift leads and prospects (individuals, corporations, and foundations) in order to help secure funding for university initiatives and priorities.
- Researches and evaluates individual, corporate, and foundation prospects' financial capacity, ability, and willingness to give, as well as their other charitable interests and any connection they have to the university, using electronic alerts, analysis, screening information, data mining techniques, push technology, gift reports, demographic searches, peer screenings, and other research methods.
- Produces comprehensive prospect lists and reports for senior leadership and development personnel, based on a combination of donor data, publicly available financial information, real estate ownership, family connections, and other major donor markers.
- Compiles donor briefings and reports for high-level meetings at the university, producing cover letters, grant proposals and reports, supplementary donor stewardship materials, presidential acknowledgement letters, and other materials as needed.
- Curates the daily news feed, with a focus on pertinent higher education, local, state, and national events for review by university senior leadership.
- Manages the annual UHD endowment report, mailing it to donors with the assistance of the UH System and UHD Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- None Required
- Familiarity with fundraising software programs and databases, including Ellucian Advance, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the processes and procedures involved in securing university funding.
- Strong research and internet search skills; good reporting skills.
- Ability to use the university's computer programs and to learn new technology.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
Research and Analysis
- Applies knowledge and skills to collect and analyze relevant data and information.
- Assesses benefits and risks, and prepares comprehensive reports of findings.
- Submits recommendations for management's review and evaluation.
Building External Relationships
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport and develop relationships with external constituents.
- Displays a genuine interest in constituents' ideas and concerns, and pursues mutual interests and aspirations between the university and external constituents.
- Builds trust and forms alliances through shared respect and cooperation.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.