$1500 Annual Scholarship Award
- Scholarship applicant may be female or male with no regard to age.
- Scholarship applicant must be a graduate of a Houston area high school.
- Scholarship applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Scholarship applicant may select to study at the University of Houston or the University of Houston-Downtown.
- Scholarship applicant must be a certified junior or senior student seeking an undergraduate degree in the field of education or fine arts.
- Priority should be given to the scholarship applicant with few financial resources and limited access to scholarships and financial aid.
- Scholarship applicant must demonstrate an interest in contributing to the community through participation in community service activities.
- Scholarship recipient must enroll for a minimum of 12 (twelve) credit hours each semester of award.
- Scholarship applicant must have and maintain a 3.0 grade point average.
Scholarship applicant must submit a completed application on or before deadline. Along with the scholarship application, scholarship applicant must submit a 300-word essay on “What Would This Scholarship Mean To Me?” The University of Houston Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will select the Woman's Club Scholar on or before May 15 and share the information about the finalist with the current officers of the Woman's Club for a confirmation before sending the award letter to the recipient.
Relatives of members and members of The Woman's Club of Houston are not eligible for scholarships.
This is a one-time, one-year award of the annual distributed earnings from the endowment or a maximum of $1500 to be paid in two equal installments for the Fall and Spring semesters. Past scholarship recipients may reapply.