$3000 per academic year – ($1500 for Fall 2018 and $1500 for Spring 2019)
Red Rose Scholars are selected on the basis of their academic achievements, leadership ability, and their potential for contributing to the future of Houston. Red Rose Scholarship recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a complete application and essay to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Have earned 57 credit hours of college-level course work at the end of the Fall 2017 semester (excluding developmental coursework)
- All transcripts from colleges previously attended must be in the UHD student record system when application is submitted
- 24 UHD college credit hours. (UHD credits hours will be reviewed at the end of the Fall semester 2017.)
- Cumulative UHD GPA of 3.50 or higher at the end of Fall 2017
- Maintained a UHD GPA of 3.50 or higher at the end of the Summer 2018 to be eligible to receive this award in Fall 2018.
- You must plan to enroll in 12 or more credit hours during the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters; (excludes developmental coursework), and
- Enrolled in a Baccalaureate Degree Program, currently pursuing your first undergraduate degree. (PB and Graduate students are not eligible to apply.)
Urban Education Applicants will need to verify that they are participating in a student teaching program, if enrolled less than 12 college credit hours at the beginning of Fall 2018. If selected for this award, student must be enrolled in at least 9 college credit hours and must submit a verification letter from an Urban Education Advisor on the department’s letterhead no later than the end of Summer 3; failure to do so will make you ineligible to receive this award.
Social Work Applicants will need to verify that they are enrolled in Field Practicum, if enrolled less than 12 college credit hours at the beginning of Fall 2018. If selected for award, student must be enrolled from at least 10 to 11 college credit hours and must submit a verification letter from a Social Work Advisor on the department’s letterhead no later than the end of Summer 3; failure to do so will make you ineligible to receive this award.
Your graduation date will be verified through your college advisor. You must plan to graduate in May 2019 or later. Please note that you will become ineligible, if it is determined that you are graduating prior to Spring 2019.
January 31, 2018 - 4 p.m.