$3000 per academic year – ($1500 for Fall 2019 and $1500 for Spring 2020)
Red Rose Scholars are selected on the basis of their academic achievements, leadership ability, and their potential for contributing to the future of Houston. Red Rose Scholarship recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Submit a complete application and essay to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Have earned 57 credit hours of college-level course work at the end of the Fall 2018 semester (excluding developmental coursework)
- All transcripts from colleges previously attended must be in the UHD student record system when application is submitted
- 24 UHD college credit hours. (UHD credits hours will be reviewed at the end of the Fall semester 2018.)
- Cumulative UHD GPA of 3.50 or higher at the end of Fall 2018
- Maintained a UHD GPA of 3.50 or higher at the end of the Summer 2019 to be eligible to receive this award in Fall 2019.
- You must plan to enroll in 12 or more credit hours during the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters; (excludes developmental coursework), and
- Enrolled in a Baccalaureate Degree Program, currently pursuing your first undergraduate degree. (PB and Graduate students are not eligible to apply.)
Urban Education Applicants will need to verify that they are participating in a student teaching program, if enrolled less than 12 college credit hours at the beginning of Fall 2019. If selected for this award, student must be enrolled in at least 9 college credit hours and must submit a Deficiency in Scholarship Enrollment Hours Form from an Urban Education Advisor no later than the end of Summer 3 to verify its status; failure to do so will make student ineligible to receive this award.
Social Work Applicants will need to verify that they are enrolled in Field Practicum, if enrolled less than 12 college credit hours at the beginning of Fall 2018. If selected for award, student must be enrolled from at least 10 to 11 college credit hours and must submit Deficiency in Scholarship Enrollment Hours Form from a Social Work Advisor no later than the end of Summer 3 to verify its status; failure to do so will make student ineligible to receive this award.
Your graduation date will be verified through your college advisor. You must plan to graduate in May 2020 or later. Please note that you will become ineligible, if it is determined that you are graduating prior to Spring 2020.
January 31, 2019 - 4 p.m.