Skip to main content

UHD Official Tax Documents

As a part of your daily responsibilities, you may have to provide University of Houston-Downtown official tax documents to external parties. These include documents for providing proof of the UH- Downtown's Federal and State exemption, Taxpayer Identification Number, Hotel Occupancy Tax exemption, Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Certificate, and Personal Property Tax exemption.

Federal Tax Exemption --- Memorandum and Letters and Publication 78 from Internal Revenue Service which state that the University of Houston is exempt from federal income tax.
Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification -- This certificate and, if necessary, Comptroller's letter should be supplied to vendors when making purchases which qualify for exemption from Texas Sales and Use Tax.
Form W-9 --- This form should be sent to any company that pays the University of Houston and requests a Taxpayer Identification Number. Also, a letter from the Internal Revenue Service is included that verifies the University's Taxpayer Identification Number.
Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate --- This certificate and, if necessary, Comptroller's letter should be given to the hotel or motel operator for exemption from Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax.
Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Certificate--- This certificate should be given to the motor vehicle rental company to be exempt from Motor Vehicle Tax.
Texas Personal Property Tax Exemption --- This memorandum provides the facts and circumstances under which the University is exempt from Texas Personal Property Tax in accordance with statutory authority.

Last updated 3/13/2019 10:28 AM