Getting Started in Skillport [PDF]
The document above will take you through the first steps necessary to acquire your log in information and access the Skillport interface.
Please note: when logging in to Skillport, the correct log in ID is your Peoplesoft ID. Students, please use your UHD username (the first part of your email address). If your date of birth begins in a single digit, please use only 7 digits for your password instead of 8. Example: April 15, 1994 would be 4151994
Skillport offers UHD the best of online learning. Aside from being top-quality learning material in a wide variety of topics, Skillport also provides several learning styles!
- Take online courses through Skillport, and then have "Skillbriefs" to summarize the material
- Engage in a SkillSim - a simulation that puts you in an authentic professional situation
- JobAids are documents that help transfer knowledge and skills from classroom to workplace
- Ask my Mentor allows you to chat or send emails to someone knowledgeable in your subject
- Access training materials at work, at home, and on the road
- Test your knowledge with course evaluations
- You can check out books online at
- Practice Labs will help you master your skills
- Test Prep Exams help prepare you for your certification exams
- Instructor-Led training is available at a set time and date for certain classes
- The Projects module helps IT professionals test their skills in a structured learning environment
If you have any additional questions, please call the TLS support line at 713-221-8200.