ZOOM is cloud video conferencing that offers secure, simple, and high quality online meetings, video conferencing, and group chat.
Real-time HD video/audio conferencing using your computer or mobile device
Phone Bridge(phone conference)
Annotation and co-annotation
A department or an individual can schedule an online meeting (video and audio) and conference up to 100 participants at once
A faculty member can hold an online class/meeting with his/her students (up to 200 participants per class if requested in advance from IT) at any time.
- Students can ZOOM to collaborate on a project (i.e. share and edit the same PowerPoint presentation or Word document) among themselves 24/7.
- A search committee can use ZOOM to conduct an interview with a candidate in another city or state (video or audio).
- A phone conference bridge can be setup to conference up to 100 participants using regular phones.
- Conduct virtual office hours or meetings.
- Record online conferences/meetings and save them for future use.
Who can use it?
ZOOM is available to all faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students to intiate or schedule meetings, conferences, etc. Participants invited to those meetings/conferences can be anyone anywhere in the world (they do not have to be UHD students, faculty, or staff).
How can I use it?
You can login to ZOOM at https://uhd.zoom.us using your UHD network ID and password. You will need to download & install a ZOOM client on your PC, tablet or phone.
Is ZOOM available only while at UHD?
No, you can access and use ZOOM anytime from anywhere with Internet access. You do not have to be connected to UHD's network, nor do you have to connect via VPN.
How can I learn more about ZOOM ?
Training sessions will be offered through our Technology Teaching and Learning Center (TTLC). Consult the TTLC for ZOOM training dates and times. There are also short video materials available at https://www.uhd.edu/computing/services-training/training/Pages/training-index.aspx#zoom