Turnitin for Students
Turnitin allows educators to check students’ work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against continuously updated databases using advanced search technology. Originality reports are generated to provide instructors with the opportunity to safeguard their students’ academic integrity.
Submit a Paper to Turnitin
1. After completing your assignment, login to Blackboard Learn and enter the course for which the assignment is due.
*Your professor may have given the assignment different title.
2. You will be taken to the Turnitin Upload Submission page, click on "Upload Submission".
3. You will choose a method for submitting your paper:
- single file upload (upload submission)
- text input
- cloud submission
NOTE: Click on "Choose File" (files cannot exceed 20 MB). Turnitin accepts MS Word, WordPerfect, PostScript, PDF, HTML, RTF and plain text files.
4. Browse your local files on your computer, click Open once you've selected the correct document. You may also copy and paste text if you wish.
5. Once file is located and selected, click the Upload and Review button.
6. You will see a preview of the file you are about to submit. If this is correct, click Submit to Turnitin.
7. Once the paper has been submitted, you will receive a submission complete confirmation.
8. You'll be redirected to the following page where you can view your submission file. You will see a link for you to Download Digital Receipt.