Turnitin: Legacy Assignment Grading
Instructors may receive an error message (filesys.err.dir.attempt) when attempting to view Turnitin submissions from the Grade Center. You may use the workaround found below, but the ultimate solution will be to recreate your assignments using the new Turnitin LTI. You may find instructions for creating new Turnitin assignments here: /computing/blackboard/training/turnitin-creating.aspx
Note: You may want to use this workaround for this semester and then upgrade your assignments for the upcoming semester. You will lose student work if you delete assignments where students have already submitted.
Workaround: Access Legacy Assignments through the Turnitin Assignment Inbox
1. Log into Blackboard and select the course you are working in. Locate the Turnitin assignment that you want to grade. Click View/ Complete.
2. You will be taken to the Turnitin dashboard. Click the Messages link in the top right corner.
3. Next click on the Assignment Inbox tab.
4. You will now see the legacy view of the Assignment Inbox. A list will appear displaying the list of submissions for each student.
5. Click the Pencil icon to open the Turnitin Feedback Studio and begin grading.
6. Grades will automatically display in the Blackboard Grade Center.
*We recommend updating your Turnitin links within your course to take advantage of the rich new features that Turnitin has released.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform