Uploading a Syllabus
Before adding a syllabus to your Blackboard course, you may want to create a content
area for the syllabus. Alternatively, you may use an existing content area.
In the following example we will create a content area called “Syllabus” and then add the Syllabus to the course.
Create a Content Area for the Syllabus
1. Log in to Blackboard
2. Select the course for which you would like to add the Syllabus.
3. Click the plus sign at the top left of the course navigation box and select Content Area.
4. A box appears allowing you to type a name for the content area. Next, decide if you want to make the link available to Users (students) and then click Submit.
5. The new content area will appear at the bottom of the course menu.
6. To enter the empty content area, click its title.
Upload a Word or PDF Syllabus
1. Once inside the content area, click the Build Content button, and select Syllabus.
2. In the Add Syllabus area, you may choose a name for your syllabus, such as “English 1301 Syllabus.”
3. If you are using a Word or PDF document for a syllabus, click the radio button next to Use Existing File.
4. Browsing options will appear. Click Browse My Computer.
5. A window will open allowing you to search through your computer’s files and find your syllabus. Select the syllabus and click Open.
6. Confirm that the syllabus is listed under Attached Files.
7. Click the Submit button.
8. You will be taken to an area where you may edit the name again, add a description, remove the attached syllabus (if you accidentally chose the wrong file) and choose availability options. After you have made your selections, scroll down and click Submit again.
9. The syllabus is now an item in the “Syllabus” content area. To view from a student perspective, turn Edit Mode to OFF and click the attachment.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform