Submitting an Assignment
Assignments list the name, description, and attachments for class work. Your instructor
provides you all the information you need to complete the assignment. You can include
comments for your instructor before you submit your work. You may upload files to
complete the assignment from your computer or type in the submission area.
Be sure to always follow the instructions given to you by your instructor.
How to Submit an Assignment
1. You should be logged into Blackboard. Enter the course of the assignment you wish to submit by clicking its title in the course list.
2. The Assignment Tool allows you to view and submit assignments online. This tool can be placed in any content area in Blackboard, but many professors will add an Assignments area to the Course Tools Menu.
3. Select Assignments.
4. Click the title of the Assignment.
5. When you are ready to submit an Assignment, type your response in the Submission Area, by clicking Write Submission or click Browse My Computer to attach your file. Refer to your professor's instructions to see if he or she has a preference of how they would like you to submit your assignments.
6. If you want to submit later, click Save as Draft instead of Submit.
7. If you are ready to submit your Assignment for grading, click Submit.
8. After you click Submit, you will be able to view your Submission History.
Confirming Assignment Completion
After you submit an assignment, you should see a confirmation like the one above. If for any reason you did not, navigate to the assignment again and click the title of the assignment.
1. You will be taken to the Review Submission History page.
2. You will be able to see:
- a. The assignment details and the grade for the assignment, if it has been graded.
- b. Each attempt you have submitted or saved as drafts.
- c. The text or file of the Submission.
- d. The option to create another attempt, if your instructor has given multiple attempts for the assignment.
3. Once you have finished reviewing your assignment, click Ok.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform