Messages are a private and secure text-based communication that occurs within a Blackboard course and among course members. Although similar to email, users must be logged into the Course to read and send Messages.
Making the Messages Tool Available
1. Login to Blackboard to enter the course you wish to send Messages in.
2. Make sure Edit Mode is ON.
3. At the top left, click the Add button and select Tool Link.
4. From the drop-down menu, select Messages and give your button a title.
5. Make the item visible to students by placing a checkmark beside Available to Users. Click Submit.
1. Click the Messages button you created.
2. Click Create Message
3. Select the Recipients using the To, Cc, and Bcc buttons.
4. A list of enrolled course members will be displayed. Select your intended recipient(s) from the Select Recipients area and use the move selection, “>”, button to move them to the Recipients section.
5. Type in a Subject.
6. Type your message in the Body.
7. To upload an attachment, click on the Choose File button.
8. Click Submit.
Create a Folder
1. In the Course Messages area, select Create Folder.
2. Type in a name.
3. Click Submit.
1. To read Messages, click on a Folder, locate the desired Message, and click on the Subject link.
2. Click on the inbox folder to read the new messages.
3. Any unread messages will have a close envelop on the Status column. Click on the Subject to read the message.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform