Instructors can send email to individuals who participate in the Course from the Send Email page. Emails can be sent to individual users or to groups of users within the Course, such as all Student Users.
Locating the Email Tool
1. Log into Blackboard learn and enter your course.
2. On the home page click on Course Tools and click on Send Email.
3. Select one of the options of user(s) in the panel. For this example select Single/Select Users.
Selecting the Users
1. You will be taken to a page where you will compose the email.
2. For the Select Users or Select Groups, select the recipients in the Available to Select box and click the right-pointing arrow to move them into the Selected box. A back arrow is available to move a user out of the recipient list. Click Invert Selection and highlighted users are no longer highlighted and those users that are not selected will be highlighted.
3. Type your Subject.
4. Type your Message. A copy of the message is sent to the sender. A receipt page appears after the message is sent listing all recipients. The receipt page does not confirm that users received the message. It only confirms that the message was sent.
5. Click Attach a file to browse for files on your computer. You can attach multiple files. After you add one file, the option to attach another file appears.
6. Click Submit
Note: A copy of the email will be sent to your Outlook email inbox.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform